Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's been a while..

Its hard to keep posting blogs with such a busy college life. A lot has happened since the last time I blogged. Good and bad. A new semester at UCF has begun. I'm taking Humanities 2, Social psych, Philosophy, and Western Civilization 2. I noticed that every single one of my classes has to do with the human species. I thought that was interesting. I guess its because the human body and lifestyle interests me. I have a new roommate from Puetro Rico. Shes cool and easy to get along with. I miss my Megan bunches though!


The past weekend was WR09. I'm not going to lie, didn't enjoy it as much as other church events. Don't get me wrong, the band and speaker were amazing. But i dunno, i think the realization of how much things change really hit me this weekend. Made me think a lot about how relationships used to be. But I guess theres no going back. Move on and get over things and love the people that actually care about you instead of the ones who claim too.


The past few months have been filled with fun adventures. Mosi, the zoo, the aquarium, parks, Universal and Islands of Adventure, the beach. It seems like I've done everything there is to do that Tampa Bay has to offer. Though I still want to go to Sea World more than anything.


I love how you get a full month off in college over Christmas. It was so relaxing not having to worry about classes and grades. I ended the semester with an A, two B+'s, and a C. Not bad for my first term I suppose. Over the break I got to thinking about my dream to still attend UF. I've made new goals to try harder in school so I can continue with my PhD after I graduate. Big dreams, big goals, big plans.


Speaking of goals, another one is to make some sort of team to fill the whole in my heart where competitive cheer leading used to fill. Its crazy to think about how much I miss performing. I'm thinking about Tampa Bay Buccaneers? We will see. All I know is that I miss the spotlight and putting on a show.


I ordered a new psych book from B&N yesterday. Its called The Lucifer Effect, by Phil Zimbardo. Its about how good people can be corrupted and do bad things. My old teacher said it was a good read. I'm excited.


Now on to spiritual thoughts. A question has been boggling my mind. Can our Creator make a rock so enormous that even He cannot lift it? And if so, doesn't that mean that our all powerful God is unable to lift something He created? Thereby making something the defeats him? And if He cannot make a rock with which He cannot lift, then is it not still something that defeats Him? I don't know if I fully explained myself on this topic. I'm sort of confused myself. Just a little philosophy to keep my mind working.


Well I supposed that's it for now. I want to try and keep this up. We will see what happens though because I think I've said that for a while now.

2 comments:

uthpastorjj said...

The whole rock thing is a famous question that in the end, I think has a pretty simple answer. To solve the dilemma, we must rid ourselves of the idea that God can do anything. He can't. For instance, he can't sin.

The solution comes when we clarify what God can do...and that is He can do anything that is consistent with His character. The last portion of that explanation is key...everything He does has to be consistent with His character.

So we get back to the dilemma. If God were to create something so large (be it rock or other object) that He couldn't lift it, He would be limiting His character. He cannot creat something larger than Himself for He simply is.

That's a short answer to the dillemma. If you're interested in delving further into this...let me know.

Poems of Long Ago said...

<3