Wednesday, February 4, 2009

How will you remember me?

I don't mind if you've got something nice to say about me
And I enjoy an accolade like the rest
You could take my picture and hang it in a gallery
Of all who's who and so-n-so's that used to be the best
At such'n'such ... it wouldn't matter much
I won't lie, it feels alright to see your name in lights
We all need an 'Atta boy' or 'Atta girl'
But in the end I'd like to hang my hat on more besides
The temporary trappings of this world
I want to leave a legacy
How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love?
Did I point to You enough
To make a mark on things?
I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace who
blessed your name unapologetically
And leave that kind of legacy
I don't have to look too far or too long awhile
To make a lengthly list of all that I enjoy
It's an accumulating trinket and a treasure pile
Where moth and rust,
thieves and such will soon enough destroy
Not well traveled,
not well read, not well-to-do or well bred
Just want to hear instead,
"Well Done" good and faithful one

For some reason, the way people think and perceive me is really important to me. I wonder all the time if I am actually positively affecting any ones life. I want to make a difference, I want to be a person who influences and is looked up too. This song reminds me that it is not always about how people view me. It is about how people view Him through me. Sometimes I need to remember that its not always about me, its about God and how He wants things to be.

This week has been very stressful, to say the least. I've been to the doctor 7 times within 2 months. I had 2 tests taken on Friday and an ultrasound on Monday. None of the results have came back yet. I wish they didn't take so long so I could finally start feeling better.

I also had 2 major tests yesterday. I was very nervous because of being so sick and going home for doctor appointments that I really have been physically or mentally able to study like I needed. And one of the tests was only ten questions long. Ouch.

I'm still not sure where I'm going to school next year. UCF still hasn't gotten back to Dayana about her application. They need to hurry because I will need to apply to USF soon.

I pray that this week goes smoother and less painful. I've been physically and emotionally drained, I need some praise in life right now. This weekend is Valentines Day and I couldn't be happier with my amazing boyfriend. At least I have something to look forward too!

R.I.P JMS <33

No comments: