Thursday, March 27, 2008

Shock and Standards

So, something happened. And I never thought it would. I, Jessica Lynn Flow, learned how to close the office at CFA in Largo. I am in stunnation. ( I just made that up. =] ) I suppose its convenient that it happened just after incidents with a certain supervisor. Maybe their scared. Maybe they finally realized something? Either way, I'm ecstatic.

I got an email from my teachers finance ( soon to be wife) saying how much she appreciated me looking after their dog for a while, as they're out of town. It made me happy. "Me and Jenny...are like THIS." (That's for AP.)

I was thinking today, hard to imagine huh? We were watching a movie in one of my classes, oh yeah, Anatomy. It was about development. I began pondering. Why does God give us the ability to be able to reproduce at such a young age, but societal standards tell us its wrong and immoral? Why is 18 the age to be a legal adult? Why do you have to be that age to get married? The licence to do "it." If God made our bodies able to reproduce in our early teens, why don't we? That's how it was back in the day (which was a Wed) centuries ago, people would be married, off having children at ages like 13 or 14. I guess my brain is just wondering, being its usual self, and questioning everything. Any insight?



1 comment:

dK. or Kaydee. said...

Yay, bunk buddies. Somehow we always end up together =] && No about psalms. I looked all through it and ended up forgetting what I read because other things stuck out to me. ADD kicking in!!!

As for closing the office. Yay! Great. I am glad other people are finally learning. It get pretty easy the more you do it. I say, be happy they are teaching you, no matter the reason.

I think we don't reproduce because we are not mature enough. Our bodies are getting ready to reproduce, but I don't think they are ready until later on in life. If you look at statistics, younger mothers have more problems with having children than "normal" aged mothers. Society tells us it is wrong because of our maturity level. 18 is considered an adult because they liked the number. Same thing with marriage. And the "it" factor. Back on Wednesday (back in the day) people were married earlier because they lived shorter lives than we do today. Same thing with having children. I think if we evened out how long they were alive vs. us, they children-having age would be the same.

Idk.. these are just my thoughts...