Monday, April 14, 2008

Im back!

Wow, haven't posted on this thing in a while. I couldn't even begin to write everything that has happened since we left Philly. You guys can go to JJ's blog for that. =]
I am so thankful I could go on the Missions Trip. I learned so much and had so many life changing talks with amazing people in my life. I can't wait to use what I learned and expandf on it, oh and construct and hand out my "Friend Applications" in college. Thanks JJ!

Oh, lets get on the hope 'issue.' There are just some things in life you choose to believe in, and not believe in. Our church as a whole believes in Jesus Christ as our Savior. People believe in love and soul mates, and peoeple even believe in ghosts and mermaids. Whose to put a limit on a persons ability to percieve the world how they want. "The only reality that exists is what is in our minds." Our minds are incredible machines. It's hard for me to explain. Can you even wonder how our brain works they way it does. This is why I love Psychology. Yes, Psychology and Christianity do not always agree. But since when do things in life have too? Theres no causation in life, only correlation.

I personally choose not to believe in hope. I think it is something like a cop out, wishful thinking. And wishing gets you no where in life. Biblical hope is a different area. I can see how we can have a hope in Christ, just not in a social or humanistic way. Luck and good bye are also things that are non existant to me. Luck is a fairly obvious one. Luck is just coincidence or correlation as I stated before. And what is the point in saying good bye to someone. Yes, it is the socially polite thing to do when people depart, but is there ever really a good bye. Do you not have Heaven or an afterlife to look foward too. In a letter someone wrote to me they said, "That's the cool thing. There never will be a good bye. Theres always Heaven to look foward too. :)" And it kinda stuck with me.

You can go ahead and critisize my judgements, it's expected. Let's converse about it.


On a lighter note...welll actually no, a worse note. Tonight was my last second to last practice. One more to go, and technically I'm not a cheerleader anymore. I start to break down everytime I think about it. Cheerleading saved my life. When I was younger it was the only thing that took me away from my sad reality of things that were happening in my life. When you're on that blue mat, doing what you love, nothing else matters. You forget eveything and just concentrate on working your hardest. Striving to be a group of 30 girls, together as one body. Trying to be a leader, a role model. I've meet some of the best people here. Learned valuable lessons that can be used in everyday life. It is so unexplainable to put into words how I feel. I don''t know what I'm going to do come Saturday at 3 o clock, stepping off the floor for the last time...Oh geez I need to stop! No crying!!!


NEW SUBJECT!
I made up a new word today. I was reading an email from my friend drew riiiiiiiight. And in it he said "lool" at the end. And I'm thinking what a retard. Then my fantasical mind was wondering hmmm what could that stand for?and it hit me"laughing outrageously out loud"cuz we all know i do that.....A LOT.so thats my new thing =]


Well I believe I have rambled on enough for the time being. Be sure to comment because no one does and it makes J.sica sad. =[
you dont have to be a member to comment!

xoxo

1 comment:

uthpastorjj said...

I'll comment...

This was actually a very cool blog, and not just cause I got mentioned twice. It just was.

Obviously, we're coming from two different extremes on this whole hope thing. I really want to sit down and take time to go through this, because it really is important.

This whole idea of the only reality is our mind place man at the center of the universe (that's never worked). Our minds are amazingly complicated and yet their vastly limited.

Psychology is an amazing field to get into, but each individual psychologist must determine where their understandings come from. There are a number of great Christian psychologists who would differ on the idea that psychology and our faith do not agree. After all, God is the creator of our mind (heart and emotions as well) and He knows it a whole lot better than we do.