Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Randomization

Ok, first topic. I closed the office, correctly, all by myself tonight!!!! No mistakes or anything! I was so happy! I'm so excited to close the store by myself, hopefully soon.

13 more days until my huge AP Psych Exam. I'm ready to get my highly deserved 5 for this exam. It is going to be sad when its over. All the hard work and memories put forth. The exam will just be an unnecessary reminder of the dreaded change that is coming in my life. This class has changed my life in so many ways, academically and in general.

Grad bash. Fun night!! It was really cool to see people our age who weren't immature like some other teenagers in the park. There was a problem with a certain race of people who kept cutting the line we were in. KD and I put the dividing ropes up a few times after they unlatched to skip the line. We weren't the only frustrate ones. Even though people kept unhooking the rope and cutting, someone always tried to block it how it was supposed to be. Everyone in line was starting to get aggravated. It was..inspiring to see how other teenagers have the moral standards and patience KD, Tori, and I had. At least some people in our pathetic high schools go through puberty.

Feelings. Yuck. I very much dislike that word. I've been thinking a lot lately about this word I am not fond of. I find it interesting, in my psychological head of mine, that so many things can be hidden from facades. IDK. I decided I don't want to go much into this. Just thinking about how amazing it is to think of all the emotions, thoughts, and actions of people. I guess that's why I'm obsessed with psych. =]

Oh yes. A few days ago I started a discussion with KD about if a person can care too much about someone else. Interesting topic. Can you ever really care for someone, too much? But how can that be a bad thing? Shouldn't you care for others more than yourself? That is what the Bible says. So caring must be a good thing. But what about all these broken hearted, adolescent girls who suffer from heart ache from caring to much for the opposite sex? Wouldn't caring be a 'bad' thing then? Or if someone is overly obsessive about something. Is that bad? I've come to my own conclusion. Caring "too much" is non existent. (Kind of like hope in cultural aspects. =] ) It all depends on how a person handles those feelings. If they choose to act in appropriate manners, then caring too much is an impossibility. Just a random thought.

Parties. I feel so embarrassed for people who have to tell the whole word that they are gonna get "sooooo drunk" after prom. Don't people have better things to do with their lives? And do you really need that much attention that you need to announce it to the whole world? Maybe they should go back to Mommy and Daddy and ask them why they were deprived of that oh so needed love when they were younger. I wish people weren't so immature. I love being straightedge. I don't need a substance to make me have a good time or feel better about myself.

Leaders. I am just realizing how many people really look up to me. Not to sound conceded or anything, but I never realized how people really interpret the way I act and how I impact them. I'm so thankful that I can be that role model for people and that I have that type of relationship. It is an AWESOME feeling knowing someone really cares that much.

Hmm. I think I have rambled about enough random things. I remember wanting to blog about something but I forgot. Shoot. Well I'm excited for tomorrow. =]
We will see how this goes!

4 comments:

Bubba said...

Mhm. I enjoyed this rambling.

uthpastorjj said...

Wow,
Okay, we've exhausted this hope discussion. That's really the only difference of opinion that I have in the blog. I don't get it, but everything else really made me think.

I agree, you can't care too much. In fact, the whole idea of caring is putting the other's good before yourself simply because you love them. Jesus commands us to love each other as believers, and to love the world in general. So we're pretty much commanded to love everyone, and to put their good before our own.

However, you bring up an interesting point that really made me think. The topic of the teenage girl in a bad relationship has nothing to do with love, it has EVERYTHING to do with infatuation. See, ultimately, she is not concerned with the good of the guy she's crushing on, she really only wants his attention. She'll do anything to get that attention, which puts her in a really bad spot, because, in reality, she'll do something that hurts him to get what she wants.

Feelings can be good, but they can also cloud our judgment.

Good post.

thewhisper said...

"I love being straightedge. I don't need a substance to make me have a good time or feel better about myself."

A-FRIGGIN-MEN.

dK. or Kaydee. said...

I remember talking about "caring too much" and I agree that is doesn't exist. The only thing that can hurt someone by "caring too much" is their own reactions and emotions, and that's why they feel they care too much. But caring too much doesn't exisitttt. So YAYYY!

And dumb grad bash cutters. I still wanna punch them in their faces.

I like random blogs =]